Can My Friend Or Family Member Replace The Attorney I Have Hired For Them For Any Reason?

Yes. A person has the right to be represented by the attorney of their choice. Just because your mom or your best friend hired your attorney doesn’t mean that you have to keep that attorney if you don’t like them.

When I’m hired by a family member for someone who’s still in jail, I always tell that person that it’s up to their loved one if they want me to represent them. Just because you’ve paid me doesn’t mean that you get to keep me on the case over your loved one’s objections. If a client on a retained case no longer wants me as their lawyer (which is very rare but can happen), then I have to withdraw so they can be represented by someone they do want.

For more information on Replacing An Attorney Of Friend Or Family Member in Texas, a free initial consultation is your next best step. Get the information and legal answers you are seeking by calling (713) 936-4521 today.

Call Now For A Free Consultation
(713) 936-4521

Related Articles