Stephen Aslett – A Seasoned Former Prosecutor
Stephen Aslett is a former Harris County prosecutor. During his time as a prosecutor, Stephen gained a great deal of experience in the field of criminal law. He understands how these cases work from the perspectives of both prosecution and defense, and he brings this knowledge and experience to the table each time he represents a client. Although Stephen focuses his practice on domestic violence cases, he also handles all other types of criminal cases, from minor misdemeanor cases to serious violent felonies.
Examples of cases Stephen has defended include:
- Possession / Delivery of a controlled substance
- Burglary of a habitation
- Aggravated assault
- Aggravated robbery
- Aggravated sexual assault
Experience and Insight You Can Rely On
Stephen has practiced in almost every criminal court in Harris County. He is familiar with the judges and their typical sentencing practices. In addition, many of Stephen’s former colleagues still work in the Harris County District Attorney’s Office. He has a good report with these prosecutors, and they often trust his assessment of their cases. This leads to more effective defense strategies and plea negotiations with outcomes that favor Stephen’s clients.
When you bring your case to Stephen, he will review all of the facts, explain the applicable laws, and advise you as to the best course of action. Throughout the case, he will also be available to answer any questions you may have.
- Why Did You Decide To Practice Criminal Law?
- What Happens After I Am Arrested?
- What Are The Most Common Misconceptions People Have About Being Arrested And Charged With A Crime?
- How Do People Unintentionally Incriminate Themselves?
- When Do Miranda Rights Come Into Play In A Criminal Case?
- How Does A Clean Prior Record Impact A Criminal Case?
- What Are The Differences Between Felony And Misdemeanor Charges?
- How Does The Process Of Bail Work In Harris County?
- What Happens After I Get Out Of Jail On Bail?
- Do Most Criminal Cases Settle Or Do They Go To Trial?
- Should I Plead Guilty If I Am Guilty?
- How Does A Prior Arrest Or Conviction Impact A Criminal Case?
- What Are Some Alternative Programs Available To First Offenders?
- What Qualities Should I Look For In A Criminal Defense Attorney?
- What Is Your Background In Practicing Criminal Law?
- What Interested You In Choosing Criminal Defense Law?
- How Often Should I Expect To Meet My Attorney To Discuss My Case In The First 30 Days?
- What Should I Expect In My Initial Consultation With Your Firm?
- What Is a Motion to Suppress Evidence in Texas?
- Can Either Side Challenge or Appeal the Judge’s Decision on a Motion to Suppress?
- Can My Case Be Dismissed if a Motion to Suppress Is Granted?
- What Happens In The First 24 Hours After My Arrest In Texas?
- What Are My Rights After I Have Been Arrested In Texas?
- Can I Contact An Attorney Before Taking A Breath Or Blood Test In A DWI Case?
- What Paperwork Do I Have Once I Bond Out Of Jail?
- What Happens To My Physical Driver’s License And Driving Privileges After I Bond Out In A DWI Case?
- What Are The Most Common Mistakes People Make After An Arrest?
- Am I Going To Have A Criminal Court Appearance In The First Month After An Arrest?
- Should I Voluntarily Start Counseling Or Treatment Before My First Court Date?
- What Is The Best Advice You Can Give To Someone Who Has Been Arrested?
- How Do I Find Out Where A Friend Or Family Member Has Been Taken After An Arrest?
- How Do I Find A Good Attorney Right Away To Represent My Friend Or Family Member?
- Can An Attorney Help My Friend Or Family Member Get Out Of Jail Immediately?
- Can My Friend Or Family Member Replace The Attorney I Have Hired For Them For Any Reason?
Contact the Aslett Law Firm, PLLC
If you are facing charges in Harris County, you need a trustworthy professional like Stephen Aslett representing you in court. Stephen can help you collect evidence and build the strongest possible case so that you can maximize your chances of avoiding a conviction. If appropriate, he can also help you evaluate and negotiate a satisfactory plea bargain. Please contact the Aslett Law Firm, PLLC, today to learn more about working with Stephen or to schedule a consultation.
Call Now For A Free Consultation